Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 April 2012

Earth Hour 2012

I don't know whether I was less informed, or that I didn't take the effort to be informed; but I realized that Earth Hour was maintained on 31 March, starting from 8:30 p.m., only when I woke up next morning and read the papers.

I think it's a great idea of preserving the environment. On the one hand, it saves tonnes of units of electricity and on the other side, when we see things in a different light (pun intended!) we realize the value of it.
I Googled Earth Hour and got some wonderful images, I paste them  below for your pleasure. However, it's sad to know Kolkata, or even India, didn't top the search results page.
In today's times, Google's reach is wider than all the newspapers of the world, put together. It's statistically proven, not meant metaphorically. In such times, when India doesnt feature anywhere on the first few pages of Google search results, I think it denotes our ignorance and how disconnected we are from the rest of the world, because we didn't maintain it as stringently as the rest of the world.


Anyway, for the love of the images:




India Gate, Delhi



Hotel Marina Bay Sands, Singapore



Big Ben, London




New York City skyline


The Great Wall of China, China



Empire State Building, New York
A new car has hit the roads and it's tagline says 'It loves you back!'
If we believe that, I don't think there's much difficulty to believe:
"If you love your planet, it will love you back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment