Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 October 2012

At 1:00 a.m

The people on the other side of the world are presently awaiting the day to end. The hectic Monday will end and allow them to return to their homes and relax for a few hours until the wee hours of Tuesday morning make their way again. On the contrary, here I am, sitting wide eyed before my laptop. (Even though I have Blogger of my phone!) It is just this compulsive desire to stay up until late. It's happened with me before and today, is one of those days again.

I get these bouts of not being adequately adult. A chief part of being an adult, according to me, is to be able to stay up until late at night: either having so much work to do that 24 hours seem to fall short, thus making you feel important; or having so much activity close at hand to kill time, that you find yourself multi-tasking even at odd hours. I'm not sure which category do I currently fall into. However, the bottom line is that, I am all of 21 years and I feel I am not adult 'enough'.

As I sat in a dull class today, I thought silently that I was living a boring life, going about the same routine everyday and falling asleep by 11:00 p.m like little school children.(Ok! Middle school children get a leverage until 11!) At that time I told myself, I will go home and watch the several episodes of Castle which I've so fondly collected. Evening came, and I came home. Post dinner I found myself well tucked into my blanket, with the phone in my hand.  Even though I haven't seen the face of Richard Castle, its past 1:00 a.m and I am wide awake.
And as I type this post, my eyes are giving in and screaming for mercy. So, I think I should sleep after all, a two hour extension is not bad for a start!




What keeps you awake?



P.S: I hope I don't regret this tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment